Thursday, June 8, 2017

Week 32

Howdy All!!


2 main things have happened to me this past week.

1. I made a visit to a clinic and found that (according to the doctor) I have an unusually high arch in both my feet. This here arch problem is only received genetically and may be the cause of all my foot pain. After the exam the doctor sent us over to the hospital where I received a few x-rays. We sat in the hospital forever waiting because the people at the hospital had to adjust the x-ray stuff so that I could receive the x-rays standing up like the doctor had asked. I thought that was kind of cool. 

 Just after leaving the hosp. it was just after 2pm. We were starving and the members had given us some money to buy our lunch. As we came out of the hosp. we saw just across the street and the only place selling food. Subway! Aw yeah!! I hadn´t been there since I had been in the states and it had also been a very long time since he had been there. We both got the Wednesday deal. Chicken Ranch!!! DUN, DUN, DUUUUUUN!!!! Very good to have a 30cm whole wheat bun loaded with rarely eaten veggies and chicken and ranch.

After that awesome meal, we got a ride home by Taxi. The driver turned out to be a member!

Ok, now the 2nd part of my week. It started on Thursday with really bad Hershey squirts that are still in effect today! The next day it turned into hot and fiery squirts with really bad chills!! Saturday, I had a fever of a steady 100.4 all day. That evening my comp. called in to sister Pereira to ask how to take care of me. She said she wanted me to go into the hosp. so they could pump me full of fluids and other stuff to clean me out, and to check for Dengue. I was having one symptom the past few days that could have suggested that it was dengue. I was having really bad burning in my eyes. I am not sure how to explain it other than it felt like I had a combination of salt, hand sanitizer and shampoo in my eyes. weird. Anyway we went in and after receiving a ton of tests that I probably didn´t need, receiving an IV(yikes!), and receiving a few meds for a throat infection(that you can see if you use a flashlight and a stick) we finally got home at almost 2 am by President and his wife. President and his wife sent us home with some soup and a few bags of very needed food. They are so Awesome!!

I encourage you all to read one of my new favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon. Jãcob 4. This is a really cool chapter. The verse that stuck out to me is verse 13. It talks about how the spirit testifies only of truth. It is by the spirit that we can be guided and we can trust that he is leading us the right direction.

Love you all. As always, thanks for the prayers and fasting. They are needed and felt.


The Subway that later tried to kill us both.  (My hair sucks)
Meds, meds, oh how I love my meds! (For food poisoning)

My district leader is on the far right, his comp is in the middle, and my comp on the left.




The best picture of all titled "The Clown and the Savage"

Oh yeah, brothers!


Sofa we made out of 5 extra mattresses



No comments:

Post a Comment