Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 27

This has been a long painful week. And let me tell you, when I say long and painful I mean looooonnnnngggg and painful! Let me tell you all a little something. Since I have come to the mission I have gotten sick many times and usually I am not feeling very good. In the 6 1/2 months I have been in Brazil I have had 5 hospital visits!!!!!! I think that is more times then my siblings have gone to the hospital in the past 10 years!!!! In the past 7 days I have received a total of about 15hrs of sleep, and once again tomorrow I am going into a clinic to get things checked out (this will be the 3rd time I have been to a clinic this fine month).

 I believe it is a test of my faith. Believe me, it is testing my faith 100%. I have been struggling with sleep for about the past 4 to 4 1/2 weeks, but this past week has been the worst! In the past 6 months, I have almost constantly had a cold or suffered from a fever or have had to stay close to a toilet or be at least a 5 min walk from one, along with many other things. 

I don´t have much time today. My wonderful comp gave me about 30 min to do all my emailing.

 But I would like to Testify to you all today mostly about one thing found in the Book of Mormon, in the book of Alma chapter 26 verse 12. It pretty much says that "BY THE STRENGTH OF GOD WE CAN DO ALL THINGS!" I don't know how I am able to keep going every day. This week I have had days where I have anywhere from 1 to 0 hrs of sleep. But even after all that and not feeling well, I am able to get up, study, and walk very far with my body full of energy. I am able to talk, I am able to teach, I am able to walk and run, I am able to go go go all day and somehow not die!!! 

When I get home I am so tired and my head hurts so bad and I ache, but somehow (and I know how) I am able to keep going!!!! To all my friends and family, please if you are having a hard day or don´t think you can keep going, get on your knees and pray for strength. If you do this and have faith God will give you the strength to do this thing!

 I found a quote this week that I love.

 PRAYER.... If life gets too hard to stand, KNEEL!

Love you all, I must go!
Tchau!

No comments:

Post a Comment