Monday, December 5, 2016

Week 6 First Week in the Mission Field!!

Monday, December 5, 2016

This week has been the longest week in the history of me!! It has felt like a million years. I have done a ton of walking and praying and more walking and even more praying.

 My companion insists on speaking English.  (He is from Northern Brazil and wants to learn English from me!  But I need to learn Portuguese from him!) He gets very upset when I speak Portuguese but I keep at it.

 I got my first baptism date set!!!!! My comp and I are opening a new area and the work is going great!!! I walk several miles a day up and down hills and my feet feel like painful blobs. We had ten people promise that they would come to church but they didnt come. I am not sad but continue to be happy at all times. I find that I am happy even when rejected or things fall through.

LOVE U ALL

PS We are in a poor area, and I get to shower with ice cold water from a bucket!

No comments:

Post a Comment