Friday, November 11, 2016

Week 3

Oi!!!(hi in Portuguese)

This is Élder Johnson at the São Paulo CTM in Brazil!!
Not much happened this week other than the same old same old.
We did get a ton of rain the other day! Imagine it raining cats and dogs for a few hrs with constant lightning. Today is the first truly hot and humid day. 

Oh I almost forgot! Something cool did happen this week. 

1. I and the rest of my district were dropped off in the middle of downtown São Paulo and were given 3 Book of Mormon each!!!! I gave out 2!!!! I had a gift of tounges moment when a boy my age came up and asked for one, he told me that when he looked at us he had a good feeling and felt like he needed our book. I TOTALLY UNDERSTOOD HIM!!!!! I stood there for a second not able to comprehend what had just happened and wasn't able to understand much after that.

 2. My trio (3 missionaries together) was split. =( A visa waiter from Provo MTC came. It is now just me and Élder Fattaleh. 

3. One of the instructors asked me to write my testimony in English for her because she has a friend who is from the states who she wanted to give a Book of Mormon to. About 2 hrs after I gave her my testimony she came in and told all of us (my district and I) that he had accepted it and was really excited. The next day she came back and said that he was reading the Book of Mormon. And then the next day she said that he wants to meet me! I am going to go meet him later today. 

Love you all
-- Elder Spencer Johnson  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment