Friday, October 28, 2016

Week 1

Howdy!!!


This is Elder Johnson typing from what is told to me to be the biggest city in the world.
Beleive me it really looks like the biggest city in the world from both land and air. The flights were good other than the last flight that was supposed to be 9 1/2 hrs was 13 1/2 due to the fact that the landing gear didn´t go up for the first few hrs. 

After a long sleepless night we arrived in São Paulo and had a really long first day. 41 hrs after waking up in AZ, I was able to go to bed in Brazil. This week has been fun and long and realllllly hard. Over the course of that day 25 USA missionaries gathered up and we were made into a zone. My district is made up of 6 elders + me and 2 sisters. All us elders are going to Londrina. We are all really close. We have 16 hr days that are really long. We are so tired that by the end of the day it is really hard to keep our eyes open.

 Jeffry R Holland's grandson is here at the CTM, he is becoming a good friend.
I am making a lot of friends among instructors and missionaries. The food here is reallllly reallllly good. Only bad thing is that there are hardly any greens. A lot of meat and carbs. The other hard thing is they only serve a little water and then it is mostly pop and 8 kinds of awesome juice. I am really trying to watch my meat aND CARB CONSUMPTION AND WHENEVER THERE ARE VEGGIES i DOWN ON THEM. sorry bout the caps.

 We have 50 min of excercise and I love it because it is a time that I am able to get rid of some of the stress you get from the CTM(that is what it is called here).  

Today is the first Pday and we were up and out the door by 6:30 and went to the temple for a few hrs. I was able to be a witness at the baptisms and two elders from my district were baptizing. I saw some old dude at the temple that said he knew dad when he was going to byui before his mission. He just walked up to me and asked if I was the son of Ryan Johnson. He said to tell my dad hi but dissappeared before I could ask for his name. All I know is that he worked with the byui track.

Well love you all and love to hear from you. 
P.S please send questions and emails in two different emails. Don´t expect a answer to your question for about a week.
P- day is Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment